Welcome to the Tails of the Dumbarse Dog - the blog where her adventures are documented.

For further adventures, feel free to check out her Twitter feed and her Facebook page.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

See? I'm a good girl! Now praise me, and pat me, and I'll chew on your feet!

Today was Miss K's 10th birthday party, and she had a few friends over. (Five. My house had an extra five girls, taking the number up to eight. Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment. And one is staying over the night.)
It also was the day the InfoxicatedMan decided to replace the alternator.
The father of one of the girls who was here offered to help, and who're we to say no? Especially when it only costs us a few beers ;-)

So, J took his daughter S home, and came back to help. While the InfoxicatedMan and J were out the front working on the rust bucket vehicle, Dumbarse Dog was allowed out of the front yard.
And she behaved.
Only twice in a 2 hour stretch did she get roused at. The first time, she decided to see if she could sneak off. The second, she decided to see if the fluffy lap dog, who really is worth more than our car, had actually been walked more than 3 houses up (It hadn't. Dumbarse Dog decided to pursue. Dumbarse Dog came slinking back).

I'm quite proud of Dumbarse Dog today.
She (as a friend would say) "done good, run strong"

No comments:

Post a Comment